Mid-Life: 40s to 50s
This is the consolidation stage of life. You are living a comfortable lifestyle and thinking about accumulating assets for your future retirement. Types of financial planning advice you may require:
- How to provide for your lifestyle expenses if you are unable to work due to illness/injury.
- Ensure family’s lifestyle is maintained in the event of death.
- How to pay off the family home mortgage sooner.
- How to tax effectively save for retirement using superannuation, direct property, shares.
- What to do with a redundancy payout.
- Things you need to consider when starting a business (eg: business plan, business insurances, HR obligations, super for employees, is a SMSF appropriate, tax concessions if exiting business.)
- Is my Will valid?
- Do I need a Power of Attorney?